September 16, 2019 | 9–11 am | at the Hillsboro Jefferson County Health Department (JCHD)
Task Force Goals
- Convene partners to create a collaborative approach to improving Health Literacy.
- Identify needs for improvement around Health Literacy.
- Develop strategies to address the needs identified in Goal 2.
Task Force Progress
- The task force designed a 14 question survey to get feedback from organizations about the health information they are delivering.
- Over 50 people responded to the survey!
- The task force analyzed the results and decided they need more information about the client side of health literacy.
- The task force reviewed client feedback the Health Department had previously gathered.
- The task force identified that people take in information very differently and they discussed ways to bridge the gaps.
Task Force Updates
- The task force is working on a Community Health Worker model that will address the gaps the task force identified through the feedback and survey review.
- The task force is discussing the logistics of this model and next steps.
Join JCHN! Join a task force! For more information, contact Jaclyn Brown at email@example.com.